Sunday 26 April 2015

Cupcake Papers


I mostly use the plain chocolate, white or silver foil cupcake papers when I just want to whip up a quick batch, mostly because they don't have any kind of pattern that might "cook out" but sometimes I see a pack of adorable or funky cases and just can't resist. I start having decorating ideas for how I could match frosting and topping to the papers and before I know it, I own 4 entire jars. It's a disease, I am aware.
The thing about the cute designs on the cases is that they tend to kind of dissolve into the cupcake batter while it's cooking. To stop this from happening there are 3, yes 3 solutions.

First, bake the cupcakes in white liners and then place them inside the patterned liners once they are cold. This looks super obvious if you have white cases of a different brand to your patterned cases and so they don'y quite fit. I personally never do this because it's frustrating to try to get the fluted parts to fit together properly and then I give up and just leave them in the white cases, letting the whole world see just how imperfect I am. If you manage to do this let me know if there is a way

Second, Bake them in 2 liners at once, either a plain colour on the inside and the patterned one on the outside or 2 patterned ones. It's easier to . This is essential for the cheap liners where the colour fades really easily

The Third and best option is to buy grease-proof liners, they are a little bit more expensive but are pretty much always worth it, the colour rarely cooks out except when I use a chocolate cake recipe

Hope this helps










No comments:

Post a Comment