Monday 13 July 2015

Dairy and Gluten Free Movie Snacks

A friend and I went to see the new Pixar Movie today, you might have heard of it? It's exploded all over the internet and for good reason.

It's been a while since I had the 'traditional' movie snacks at the theatre: ice cream, popcorn and fizzy drinks so this time I decided to make my own.

The movie theatre ice creams here in NZ are called choc tops, I think they call them drumsticks in America?
Anyway they're pretty much just ice cream in a cone dipped in chocolate


For this one the basics of what you need are gluten free ice cream cones, dairy free ice cream (I used coconut but soy would work as well) , chocolate and coconut oil (or other flavourless oil that is solid at room temperature) Being that I was making these my self I decided to jazz them up a bit.

My mix ins were:    
Caramel Sauce and salted peanuts
Peaches
Chocolate brownie and Ganache omitting the butter and icing sugar


The cones I opted for are below, they're sort of like a wafer in texture and don't taste overwhelmingly of GF flour


To stat off with, melt your chocolate and coconut oil at a ratio of 1 tbsp oil to 200g chocolate
Place a Teaspoon or so of the chocolate into the cone and swirl it around to completely coat an tip out any excess


Pop the cones in the fridge for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate has set



Fill up the cone with ice cream and follow with one large and one small scoop on top
Make sure your scoops are super secure and then dip them into your melted chocolate followed quickly by some sort of marker so you know which is which





Let me know what other mix-ins you would use in the comments below
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment