Monday 6 July 2015

Bride and Groom Themed Engagement/Wedding Cake

Hi Guys!

I based this cake design off the invites my friend used for her engagement party, it would also probably work well as a wedding cake.
The invites were hand made but the design came from the interwebs
Silhouette Design Store - View Design #67329: 5x5 wedding card
Cute right?



 We made the invites a few weeks ago using my Silhouette Cameo and her party was this Saturday just gone, it was an awesome night.
It was my job to make the cake and cupcakes and to be honest I was a little terrified and totally forgot to take process photos so I'll sort of explain how I did it.

I started with 2x8 inch chocolate cakes and 2x6 inch vanilla cakes, the recipe for both can be found here
I then split each of the cakes in 2 and filled them with Swiss meringue with a jar of good quality raspberry jam for a raspberry filling the vanilla and made with brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt for a salted caramel filling for the chocolate. I then coated each cake in a thin layer of chocolate ganache and decorated with home made modelling chocolate (recipe to come)

The cupcakes were my chocolate cupcakes in mini size with vanilla Swiss meringue and topped with modelling chocolate ribbon roses and heart shaped tux and dress bodices.

Apologies for the crappy photo quality, these were totally an afterthought....






It's a Cakey Kind of Love is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com I will only ever recommend products that I have used and enjoyed. There is no extra cost to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment